According to a recent survey, approximately 10 million Britons feel intense anxiety, stress, or trepidation when it comes time to visit the dentist, mainly if they’ve had unfavourable experiences in the past, which is why countless people avoid this integral exercise altogether. To find your local dentist take a look at the NHS website here.
Today’s Oral Health Landscape
If people took better care of their oral health at home, this prevailing train of thought wouldn’t pose a massive problem in today’s day and age; sadly, this is isn’t the case:
- Upwards of 45% of Britons drink soda and sugary soft drinks on a daily basis, and these individuals are about 70% more likely to fall victim to substantial tooth decay.
- Fewer than 40% of people floss regularly, and about two in every ten people never floss their teeth at all.
- If you fail to floss on a daily basis, you are virtually ignoring 40% of your tooth surface, which can be likened to only washing 60% of your body during a shower.
- The average individual brushes his or her teeth for less than one minute per day (the recommended amount of time is between two and four minutes).
- There are more than 300 distinctive species of bacteria living inside of your mouth, and these living organisms create copious amounts of harmful acid that can degrade your tooth enamel and form cavities over time.
Thus, as you might imagine, it’s essential to establish a tight-knit relationship with a local dental team you can trust, especially if you happen to be caring for young children, Children who visit the dentist regularly before the age of 10 are far less likely to develop dental phobias later on in life.
The remainder of this brief article will highlight the salient traits and characteristics of a reputable practitioner in your area so be sure to use it as a guide of sorts.
Highly Trained and Accredited
The most prominent local dental facilities, such as Love The Dentist, for instance, can tout a friendly, compassionate, and qualified staff:
- A welcoming, approachable patient care coordinator to consult with
- An experienced practitioner with a BDS certification
- All in-house staff members accredited by the General Dental Council (GDC) – just look for a GDC membership number in the “About Us” section
These qualifications and attributes will ensure a time-tested, well-respected staff that you can confidently rely on, not to mention the fact that they’ll be able to assuage all of your concerns during your initial visit.
Wide Range of Contemporary Services
Next, you’ll want to turn your attention towards their proficiencies and aptitudes, especially if you aren’t quite sure about your specific dental needs:
- Inclusive general dentistry services including pain-free cleanings, fillings, and gum therapy
- Safe, personalised teeth whitening procedures
- Modernised teeth straightening solutions including clear aligners, and cosmetic braces
- Robust assortment of cosmetic dentistry services including crowns, veneers, root therapy, implants, bridges, and dentures
- Children’s dental care for adolescents and youngsters
The facility’s pricing scheme should be accessible and easy to understand. There shouldn’t be any surprises during your appointment.
Positive Client Reviews
Last but not least, you should take the time to evaluate what others are saying about the dentist in question. In this regard, it’s important to note that the most esteemed practices will go out of their way to publish video clips and testimonials from their past clients directly on their webpage. Be sure to gauge these first-hand accounts from a critical point of view.
With this convenient guide by your side, you’ll be able to ascertain the perfect practitioner to serve your entire family for many years to come. Set aside your apprehensions and feel free to schedule your initial consultation as soon as possible; you’ll be glad you did.